Monday, October 5, 2009

The day that was meant to be

So my mom came to visit yesterday. She was in need of some healing time with family and friends. After spending time at her friends' house in Green Acres, we were beat. So it was pizza for dinner and straight to bed.

In the morning, we all tip-toed around the house as not to wake Nani. We sat in the living room chatting quietly until around 8:30 or 9:00 a.m. Aayush decided to look out the window and noticed that Nani's car was missing! So he ran to her room to find her, and she was gone! Apparently my mom woke up at 2:00 a.m. and couldn't sleep so drove home to Sutherlin at 4:00 a.m. She closed the door to the room she was in, so we had no idea she wasn't even there. Well I had called in to work so that I could spend time with her, without knowing she wasn't even home.

We have had little time together as a family the last several weeks. I go to work all day (9-10 hours) and then Yashveer goes out the door to work until later in the evening. So Yashveer wanted to go to Bandon and do some surf fishing while the kids ran around on the beach and I took photos. It was an amazing morning on the beach in Bandon. There were three separate driftwood "houses" that the kids ran in and out of off and on when they weren't jumping in the surf.

I took photos of an old couple sitting on driftwood searching for agates. I found gorgeous angles in the driftwood and played with sepia and black and white filters. I think the photos turned out quite nicely.

My plan is to turn InspireDesigns.com into a photography site since I don't make websites any longer. I just need to completely redesign the site and install the photo gallery. So our day was awesome (minus the usual migraine), and I even got some quilting in this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment