Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First day....knitting

So today was my first day knitting, and I really like it. I remember trying to learn crocheting from my mom, but I just didn't have any interest at all. My friend Megan referred me to a fantastic website (ravelry.com) where you can save projects and search for free patterns. There are so many awesome patterns available for FREE!

My friend Jen is teaching me, and she is so incredibly patient. It makes it much more fun of course. I've obviously had some rough spots but am working right along now. I got to borrow her "Stitch and Bitch" book....cracks me up. I am very thankful for her.

I figured out that this could be an awesome thing to get me to actually take breaks at work. I rarely get a real break. I also know now that I need to leave my office if I'm taking a knitting break. Today a student just walked in and expected me to get up but I was in the middle of learning how to knit. It was too weird, so I'll go to another room to take a break in the future.

The knitting community is so much bigger than I realized. I met 2 more knitters in my building and learned that nearly every woman in my office learned to knit as a young person. I guess it wasn't my time yet. I don't know why people don't do this all the time!! Who wants to buy a hat when you can pick your own colors and make your own hat.

I'm working on Aayush's beanie hat which is different shades of blue. I think it will turn out really nice when I'm done. He chose the yarn himself, so that was cool. I'm hoping to get one made for each of my immediate family for Christmas. My extended family will probably get some photography this year since I've also been working hard on that.

Next step is to rewrite my inspiredesigns.com site to be photography (and maybe some knitting too!).

No comments:

Post a Comment